Here are the most frequently asked questions about
The Lifestyle Garage Screen Door System.
1. What is the warranty on the Lifestyle garage screen system?
There is a Limited Lifetime warranty covering the parts. Screen mesh is
not included in the warranty. The manufacturer does not provide
you with a warranty on labor, be sure to discuss this with your installer.
2. Does the Lifestyle screen replace my existing garage door?
No. You will still use your garage door as you normally would. The Lifestyle
garage screen system works in conjunction with your existing garage door
allowing you to quickly switch between your garage door and your
Lifestyle garage screen system. When in use, the Lifestyle garage screen
exchanges positions with your garage door.
3. Does the Lifestyle garage screen system work with wind loaded doors such as those found in Florida and other coastal areas?
Yes, the Lifestyle system works with all wind loaded and hurrricane reinforced
doors. However, if your garage door is reinforced with 6" C-channels,
you should discuss the changes necessary with your installer.
4. Can you add a locking mechanism to the retractable door?
Yes, the retractable door can be fitted with a locking mechanism at an
additional cost. Locking mechanisms are optional.
5. What sizes and colors are available?
Currently, we have 6' wide to 18' wide models and 7', 8', 9' and 10' tall*. The frame
is currently available in white, brown and sandstone.
* 9' and 10' models available up to 16' width only.
6. I have storage over my garage doors now. Can the Lifestyle garage
screen and my garage door go down so I can access it?
Yes, you will want to open your garage door, roll your Lifestyle garage screen
down until it touches the floor, leaving it "kicked back" from the jamb. Then
simply disconnect your garage door from the opener with the safety disconnect
cord and gently roll the garage door down until it rests on the Lifestyle frame.
7. How much clearance will I lose from my existing garage door
opening when the Lifestyle is installed?
Typically, you will not lose more than 1.75" of clearance.
8. How much does the Lifestyle garage screen system cost?
Please contact us and we will put you in touch with a dealer in your area.
9. What is the difference in airflow between the standard 18x14
fiberglass screen and the optional screen material?
You will get approximately 10% more airflow with the standard screen (58%)
above optional screen materials (48% airflow).
10. Can I install my Lifestyle garage screen system myself?
Yes, We do sell directly to Do It Yourself consumers. The Lifestyle garage
screen system can be installed with the help of our online videos.
But The Lifestyle garage screen is a spring loaded system and should only
be installed by a trained professional.
11. What is the upgraded screen mesh made of?
The upgraded Lifestyle screen uses a mesh made of pvc coated polyester.
The weave pattern is 17x20 and both the charcoal and white are good for
customers looking for an extremely strong mesh. Only the white mesh functions
as a privacy screen the charcoal does not. FYI, the standard mesh is made of
fiberglass in an 18x14 weave pattern similar to that used in window screens.
12. Will the Lifestyle Screen work on a low headroom garage door?
( double horizontal track system)
The Lifestyle screen will not work on low headroom applications. Low headroom
garage doors are typically found in basement garages. They are typically identified
by two tracks on the horizontal. Your local dealer will verify this for you.